It's the Month of May ~ A month full of enriching activities and growing opportunities! Let's take a look at it all:
- Sign up today for After School Art with Mrs. Godinez! This class is for 1st through 5th grades and includes fun art projects in all kinds of media. Classes take place every Friday afternoon from 3pm to 4pm for four weeks, beginning Friday, May 17th. Cost is $40. Sign up forms are posted under resources to your left. Simply print, fill out the form and return to the school office. Class size is limited to twenty (20).
- VMS 2nd Annual BBQ Bash & Silent Auction was a big success. thanks to our VMS families and supportive community! VMS raised $38.000 which will allow us to UP the technology factor in our classrooms! On top of that, the remainder will go toward building a future scholarship fund. We are so thankful for God's provision to keep the VMS model going strong!
- Tuesday, May 14th: PTF Dining Fundraiser at California Pizza Kitchen (CPK)! It's an all-day fundraiser with 20% of the proceeds going straight to Ventura Missionary School. See you there!
- Memorial Day Holiday. In observance of Memorial Day, VMS will be closed on Monday, May 27th.
- ART CHALK Fesitval. Wednesday, May 29th.
- Presidential Physical Fitness 1 Mile Run. Friday, May 31st.
- Congratulations to our Got Faith Choir! They have completed their Choral Competition at Six Flags Magic Mountain, and here's the news: The Women's Ensemble, Daughters of the Risen King, received 2nd place, with an Excellent Rating! As well, the Mixed Choir; Got Faith Singers, took 3rd place with an Excellent Rating. Each choir sang two selections. The judges remarks were very positive, that we had great energy and good movement on stage. Scores were very high in the areas of expression, tempi and control. Congratulations to each vocalist and Choir Director, Heather Lease. Go Huskies!!
- Traffic Reminder. We know it can be hectic in the mornings, but please remember when dropping off your children to drive slowly and respect the closed parking lots. Also, please yield to all pedestrians and heed direction from traffic duty personnel. The safety of our students is of the highest importance. Thank you so much for your attention to this matter.
We encourage you to join in the opportunities where you can. Please don't hesitate to call the school office at 644-9515 for any questions you may have. We are here to help you navigate through our campus and get the most out of our VMS experience!
2012-2013 PTF Meetings
Did you know there are only 4 meetings per school year? The last meeting has taken place and we want to take this opportunity to thank all of the parents and teachers who have attended. We enjoy great turnouts and we are so thankful for our strong parent support here at VMS! Remember, there are still ways to be involved here at VMS. Simply call the school office, and we'll get you connected in being a part of what God's doing at VMS!
Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m., in the Art Room (Middle School Campus). We look forward to seeing you at the PTF Meetings next school year. A great big THANK YOU to PTF President, Lisa Cushman, and her team for all of their hard work and leadership!
VMS SAT10 Results
Check out the VMS SAT10 Results for the 2010-2011 school year! You can view the report under resources below, to your left. VMS students continue to work hard and excel in all subjects. Congratulations to all students for your perserverance and achievements, our teachers for your dedication and leadership, and all VMS families for your unfailing support and commitment to your students. May we continue to reach higher and give all glory to God - Go VMS!